Claims Procedures / How to Claim
All insurance policies contain conditions regarding the prompt notification of claims.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A MOTOR ACCIDENT:
- Stop immediately and stay calm. You should not admit or accept liability for the accident.
- Help anyone who may be injured. If there are any injuries do not move the vehicle until the police arrive.
- Remember to get names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Inform the police of the accident within 24 hours
- Advise DIAL-A-QUOTE claim department as soon as you can
- In the case of a motor accident, obtain two written quotations for repairs and the license details of your driver
- Complete the relevant claim form and attach all documentation and invoices, etc.
- It is important, particularly in view of disclosures to the effect that so many driving licenses are forged, for you to check the license of every person driving a car on your behalf and we strongly recommend you keep a copy of the license on file.
- If in doubt consult DIAL-A-QUOTE. We are here to help you.
RIOT AND STRIKE INCLUDING POLITICAL RISKS
To provide protection against damage due to disturbances of a political nature an organization known as South African Special Risk Insurance Association (SASRIA) was formed. The cover given by SASRIA was against damage to property as result of a riot where the motive is regarded as being of a political nature.
This cover has now been extended to include Riot and Strike cover whether or not the riot or strike was politically inspired.
The importance of the need for Riot and Strike cover including Political Risks cannot be overstressed.
If you are involved in an accident:
1. If anyone is injured call the police and ambulance if necessary.
2. Do not move the vehicle if somebody has been injured.
3. If nobody is injured it is not necessary to call the police and you may move your vehicle.
4. Note the damage caused and exchange names, addresses and registration numbers.
5. Report the accident to the police within 24hrs.
PROPERTY LOSS & PROPERTY DAMAGE
Please contact DIAL-A-QUOTE directly.